St. Vincent de Paul SchoolMission, Philosophy & Schoolwide Learning Expectations
LIVE like Jesus, supported by a strong Catholic community.
LOVE as God loves us, serving others like our patron, St. Vincent de Paul.
LEARN in an academically challenging and enriching program that engages the whole child.
St. Vincent de Paul School, assisting parents as the primary educators of their children, provides and promotes the development of the whole child-spiritually, morally, academically, physically, socially, and psychologically-with an educational program that encourages all students to reach their full academic potential. The goal for each student is age-appropriate mastery of the basic content and skills, coupled with a strong and morally ethical academic foundation.
Recognizing the inherent dignity and uniqueness of each student, and guided by the principles of our Catholic faith, St. Vincent de Paul School Students aspire to be an empathetic and compassionate community that embraces the challenges of a diverse world.
Faith, self-discipline, and mutually high expectations for success are the foundations upon which St. Vincent de Paul continues to foster students in becoming productive responsible, globally aware citizens.
Students at St. Vincent de Paul School are striving to become:
1. Committed Catholics who:
- have opportunities to experience a personal relationship with God
- understand and can explain Catholic beliefs
- live as Jesus taught us
- realize that actions have consequences
- can explain their successes, failures, and motives
2. Lifelong Learners who:
- apply knowledge across all subject areas
- appreciate and create music and art
- incorporate technology into research and skill building
- develop problem solving skills
- work individually and as a group to meet challenges
3. Effective Communicators who:
- listen actively
- write legibly, logically, and correctly
- speak clearly and confidently
4. Responsible, Globally Aware Citizens who:
- respect all of God’s creation
- understand and appreciate personal and cultural diversity
- treat others with courtesy and respect
- do what they can to help others